Applying For A Non-Immigrant US Visa

If you want to visit the US for a short period of time, you will first need to obtain a non-immigrant US visa. It is very important for you to keep in mind that there are different types of visas available in this regard. Therefore, you must first determine which type of visa you really need to apply for. Some of the different types of visas available in this category include exchange visitor visas, business visitor visas, student visas, and others. As compared to the efforts you have to put in to obtain an immigrant visa, the process for this type of visa is less complicated and takes lesser time. The most difficult part of the process is to prove that you are going to visit the United States of America for a short period of time and that you have no intentions of staying there forever, or for that matter for a longer period of time. Following is a brief rundown on some of the basic steps that you need to follow in this regard.

Fill Out The Application Form Online

You can apply for non-immigrant US visa right from the comfort and convenience of your home. All you need to have is just a computer with Internet connection. You can visit the official website of U.S. Department of State. You can access the required application form by just a few clicks of your mouse. Get a copy of the online form printed on paper.

Contact The U.S. Consulate or Embassy

The next thing you have to do is to schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment by contacting the US Consulate or Embassy. Do not forget to carry the printed application form with you.

Gather Supporting Documents

While you are applying for the non-immigrant US visa, there is an array of supporting documents that you need to attach with your application, such as proof that you have strong ties to your native country (such as you have a family or a permanent employment there) and proof of financial resources among other things. Some of the most common proofs that you can present in support of your family ties in your native country may include documents that show family commitments, documents that show that you have financial assets in your country, and appointment letter from an employer in your native country along with the details of your employment history.

There is also a certain amount of processing fee that y6ou are required to pay as part of the process of applying for a non-immigrant US visa. At present, if you are applying for an E-visa, you will have to pay a processing fee of $390. On the other hand, if it is a non-petition-based non-immigrant visa, it will cost you $140. However, these fees may change over time. Therefore, make sure you inquire about it in advance in order to avoid any unpleasant hassles at a later stage.