The US Immigration Visa – Know The Basics

The US immigration visa is a stamp, which you need to have to be legally eligible to travel in the US. This stamp is an approval from the US State Department and from the US Department of Homeland Security. However, it is very important to keep in mind that just because you have a Visa, it does not guarantee that you will be able to enter this country. Considering the growing number of terror attacks, the laws have become very complex in this regard. You may be denied an entry on the basis of an array of other reasons even if you have a valid visa. The type of visa you need depends upon your purpose of visiting the United States of America. If you are visiting the country for a short period of time, you will need non-immigrant visa, but if you are considering establishing permanent residence in this country, you will need an immigration visa. There are several categories of visa, such as education related, job related, and family related. It’s best to have an accomplished h1b visa lawyer to guide you with your visa application or any other immigration concerns.

For Relatives

The most common type of US immigration visa is for relatives of those people who are already a citizen of the United States of America. People that fall under this category may include family members, newly adopted foreign children, and fiancés who are foreign nationals. This type of visa is issued when a US citizen sponsors his/her relative by signing an Affidavit of Support and by providing essential documents as a proof of the said relation.

Work Visas

There are five tiers for employment related US immigration visa – E1, E2, E3, E4, and E5. The top tier is E1 that includes people with extraordinary ability in the field of sports, business, education, arts, and science. This category also includes those outstanding researchers and professors who are internationally recognized and have at least three years of experience in the field of research or teaching. One may seek green card assistance for easy immigration. While the other four tiers require the applicants to have a job in the US, the people that fall under the top tier E1 can enter the country even if they are not employed in the United States of America. There are also some special sections in this category that include religious workers, Afghans who worked for/on behalf of the U.S. Government, Iraqis who worked for/on behalf of U.S. Government, and Iraqi or Afghan translators/interpreters.

The application procedure may vary depending upon the type of US immigration visa you are applying for. Therefore, before you file an application, you must first determine which kind of visa you want – “exceptional”, religious, refugee, investment, work, student, tourist, temporary resident, or permanent resident. In order to keep things smooth, you may want to hire a qualified and experienced inbound US visa attorney for help.