A Step-By-Step Guide To Switching Immigration Status

When it comes to switching immigration status in the United States of America, the process can be a little complex. There are basically two options for a non-citizen to enter this country; they can enter as immigrants or non-immigrants, which will depend upon an array of factors that include their visa status at the time of the entry. Sometimes, after entering the country, you may want to extend your stay, which may require you to get your immigration status changed. For this, you need to send an application form to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. You can do this on your own or with the help of an attorney, but in either case, you must have at least the basic understanding about the forms to fill up and the procedures to follow. Following is a brief rundown on how to go about it.